MyfanwyNia's Studio Weblog

Hello and welcome to my creative world, thank you dearly for your interest in my artistic endeavors.
“Here on my web log I record my studio progress, it acts as a web based journal spanning back to 2010, here I can easily glance back at projects and artworks and add my current progress. I hope some of you will also find inspiration here.
I welcome dearly your comments and feedback as valuable assets that help me consider different aspects of my art practice and my creative growth as an artist.
Love and Light”
Harriet ❤
Get in touch!
I’m continuously open to participation in new projects, collaborations, murals and exhibitions.
I’m always happy to talk about a special commission piece of jewellery, your fantasy artwork or portrait of a loved one.
You can contact me via my facebook page or website and online shop at www.myfanwynia.com , much of my older work is also view-able there.

Friday 16 October 2015

Cute Animal Drawings

These animals are inspired by various illustrations from the 1940's greeting cards and children's books, I love this super cute aesthetic they have a nostalgic quality to me.

Classic bunny image with its curious expression and fluffy feet, bunnies are a very popular image on Easter cards, this bunny with its oversized head is a classic iconography still popular today. I drew this with a 0.5 mechanical pencil which was really great for drawing the fur as the line stays consistent in thickness unlike a pencil that you would have to keep sharpening to get a fine point.

I love this image of the mouse although I feel the eyes could have been better, they look a little dead, if I decide to use this drawing for a project I know I will attempt to give the eyes more expression and life.

Baby doe in pencil, a classic iconography made popular by Bambi the Disney film, this is a classic pose and my own attempt at stylizing. I really like how this came out it reminds me of images on vintage Christmas cards.

Jumping doe in pencil, I love this cheaky doe, I would like to use some of these doe images in future projects.

No comments: