MyfanwyNia's Studio Weblog

Hello and welcome to my creative world, thank you dearly for your interest in my artistic endeavors.
“Here on my web log I record my studio progress, it acts as a web based journal spanning back to 2010, here I can easily glance back at projects and artworks and add my current progress. I hope some of you will also find inspiration here.
I welcome dearly your comments and feedback as valuable assets that help me consider different aspects of my art practice and my creative growth as an artist.
Love and Light”
Harriet ❤
Get in touch!
I’m continuously open to participation in new projects, collaborations, murals and exhibitions.
I’m always happy to talk about a special commission piece of jewellery, your fantasy artwork or portrait of a loved one.
You can contact me via my facebook page or website and online shop at www.myfanwynia.com , much of my older work is also view-able there.

Monday 16 July 2012

Graff House at The Chocolate Factory Dublin

This weekend myself and an artist friend from here in Leitrim, Holly Gardener, traveled up to Dublin to take part in a live painting event at The chocolate Factory, creative complex on Kings Inns Street hosted by White Lady Art, KIN, and Iljin Project.
Each artist was given a large 2 meter squared wooden board to paint on between 6pm and 10pm live to the public. As it was an indoors event there were no live sprays,  artists could use stencils and anything else they wanted to create an amazing piece in four hours.

The Chocolate Factory is a large renovated warehouse that is being used as a creative space. The ground floor will be transformed on the day into a live painting area, music stage, retail area and food stalls.
This charity event was being raising money for Temple Street children's hospital.
Artists also brought specially selected paintings and prints and stickers and stuff to sell at the stall, manned by the organizers minions while the artists painted.
There was live music, food and cupcakes.
I had a really awesome time doing the live paint, I came only with my brushes and no idea what to paint, so I just made it up as I went along, starting with a sketch in charcoal I mapped out the design and worked it up with black paint finally adding colour and going back over the outlines. I found this kind of work really fun and expressive, I knew and was very aware that I had 4 hours to do the whole thing so with this I didn't worry too much about being too neat and if the paint dripped I didn't mind so much and let the drips become part of the paintings character. I really enjoyed this kind of painting and feel it has given me a new working energy and loosened me up a bit. Super Yay!!


Poster From the Graff House with names of Participating Artists

Here is a little Video by Alexa from Dublin's White Lady Art of the Event:


White Lady Art: Graff House 1 from White Lady Art Gallery on Vimeo.
White Lady Art and Tzolkin Street presented a day of music and live painting at The Chocolate Factory, Dublin, in June 2013.

Here are some photos taken at the event of various stages of my piece:
Sketching out the design with charcoal.

Once I had done the sketch I used black paint to add lines and shading.
I then had finished all the black outlines and shading I wanted to do, the next stage was washing in colour transparently over the black so I could still see the outlines of the design.
Washing in the colour.
 The carrot Fairy ^_^ !

Here are some photos of some of the other artists work:

Holly Gardener (Leitrim)


Kathrina Rupit

Marca Mix

FRIZ


Redmonk

Fink

Wilko


Photo Credits with thanks to: George Marks, Regine Schulze, Quique Martín &  Monica Manzzi Barlocco.