MyfanwyNia's Studio Weblog

Hello and welcome to my creative world, thank you dearly for your interest in my artistic endeavors.
“Here on my web log I record my studio progress, it acts as a web based journal spanning back to 2010, here I can easily glance back at projects and artworks and add my current progress. I hope some of you will also find inspiration here.
I welcome dearly your comments and feedback as valuable assets that help me consider different aspects of my art practice and my creative growth as an artist.
Love and Light”
Harriet ❤
Get in touch!
I’m continuously open to participation in new projects, collaborations, murals and exhibitions.
I’m always happy to talk about a special commission piece of jewellery, your fantasy artwork or portrait of a loved one.
You can contact me via my facebook page or website and online shop at www.myfanwynia.com , much of my older work is also view-able there.

Sunday 4 September 2016

Marbling and Acrylic Painting On Wooden Panel

The wooden panels that  I have successfully experimented with so far have been small panels. I found it very difficult to get the larger boards to take a print. I'm not sure exactly why it works on the smaller boards but not on the large ones, more experimentation is needed. 

Here is my first painting and marbling combination, this is acrylic paint marbling on wood panel with acrylic painting on top:


This piece (below) was marbled onto a black gesso ground wooden panel and painted over with acrylic, for both of these small paintings I tried to incorporate the marbling into the structure of the overall composition:

 

Here is a little video of me marbling - in the Studio with the Twisted Oak Arts Collective 

No comments: