MyfanwyNia's Studio Weblog

Hello and welcome to my creative world, thank you dearly for your interest in my artistic endeavors.
“Here on my web log I record my studio progress, it acts as a web based journal spanning back to 2010, here I can easily glance back at projects and artworks and add my current progress. I hope some of you will also find inspiration here.
I welcome dearly your comments and feedback as valuable assets that help me consider different aspects of my art practice and my creative growth as an artist.
Love and Light”
Harriet ❤
Get in touch!
I’m continuously open to participation in new projects, collaborations, murals and exhibitions.
I’m always happy to talk about a special commission piece of jewellery, your fantasy artwork or portrait of a loved one.
You can contact me via my facebook page or website and online shop at www.myfanwynia.com , much of my older work is also view-able there.

Thursday 17 March 2016

New Painting - 'The Girl with the Glass Hammer'

Here is a photo of one of my recent paintings that I made for Now She seizes that moment with my Minaw Collective Sisters at GalleryX in Dublin. The Show will run until the end of March.


Titled 'The Girl with the Glass Hammer' 2016
Mixed Media


In the 80’s a popular urban definition of the ‘Glass Ceiling’ referred to women’s career path as an invisible ceiling in a world where men always had the top jobs, today women’s achievable roles in the workplace have shifted and ‘The glass Hammer’ has become a contemporary definition of women’s ability to break through the barriers of the past. My piece nods to this notion and also that in this world where women have the freedom to break the glass ceiling; there are also modern challenges that face us today and not just women. The collage on my artwork painted over with a purple mist, is a digitally created montage of media imagery, in an era defined by popular culture, new technologies and the internet all serving as distractions, chains that shift our focus and stop us from achieving our dreams, when we can focus on our passions we will know true freedom, independence and liberty.

No comments: