MyfanwyNia's Studio Weblog

Hello and welcome to my creative world, thank you dearly for your interest in my artistic endeavors.

Here on my web log I record my studio progress, it acts as a web based journal spanning back to 2010, here I can easily glance back at projects and artworks and add current progress. I hope some of you also will find inspiration here.
I welcome dearly your comments and feedback as valuable assets, that help me consider different aspects of my art practice and my creative growth as an artist.
Love and Light
Harriet

If your interested in any of my artworks please contact me via my facebook page or via my website www.myfanwynia.com much of my older work is also view-able there. Alternatively a selecion of my artwork is available from my ETSY store at: https://www.etsy.com/ie/shop/myfanwynia

Thursday, 29 March 2012

Studio Renovation Part 2


This is the next chapter in my studio renovation blog, I had hoped this project would be completed by mid-March and I'm still here finishing things off.

Special thanks goes out to my husband Iliocht and friends John and Johnny Lyons for all there help on this project, I would not have got this far without you guys! lots of love for you all rock awesomeness!

Here are the most recent photos:







John working on the construction of the 2nd interior wooden wall.





Parts of the wall had used to be animal stalls at some stage in the buildings past. We used a sledge hammer to try and remove the concrete blocks but to no use in the end the new walls frame had to be built around the blocks.





Meanwhile there was still much more pointing to do before the walls boards could go up.




I sprayed expandable insulation foam from a can in the gaps between the roof and the top of the stone wall, this should stop any drafts getting in.





Iliocht and John fitting the boards to the frame. These boards were then removed and polystyrene insulation sheeting was added into the frame then the boards were screwed in place.


\


The end of the wall was left until Iliocht could bring the water pipes into the room for pluming up a studio sink.





The next part was the ceiling, I started this by coating wood preservative on all the old structural beams, the wood was so thirsty for this and looked revitalized. This also protects the wood from woodworm.





To board up the ceiling supporting beams had to be put up so there would be something to screw the ceiling boards to.





Rock wool was slid down between the tin and the new ceiling braces. I remember rock wool as being super itchy and bright yellow, this is my first time using the brownish type and I must say it's a lot less itchy than the yellow one. However still itchy especially when it gets on your face, which was unavoidable as the dust fell down as you were looking up.





Yay! warm fuzzy ceiling felt! the whole roof is done!! this will make a huge difference to the heat in this room.





This part of the project is called 'putting up the ceiling boards',

Myself, Iliocht, John and Johnny were all now feeling like the end was in site after all the hard work...